Right. So after my last blog post, you might have guessed the results. A crushing depression, along with the intense desire to make up for it. Simple scriptwriting or notewriting wouldn't cut it. I had to actually do something. So...I did. I'm only half-way done with it, it's taken hours, and I've used reference images (sometimes even flat-out tracing), but...the first page of Red Hood Rider, as a drawing anyway, is underway!
...And it's amazing! Ruby's turning out to look exactly like I envisioned. Well, almost. She looks a little bit younger than she should, but otherwise, okay, and that's alright because hey, it's a manga-styled comic; young-looking protagonists are their forte. The page looks like it's straight out of a manga so far, and is basically the closest I think I can get to realizing my vision with it done at my own hands at least.
But really...the text. The formatting. The bow. (Albeit in need of some special effects to make it clear it's an energy bow.) The arrow. (Aside from needing to be fleshed out some more.) The gloves, the hands for the most part (hands are hard, particularly when they're carrying objects and google images shows things similar to what you're going for yet never quite the look you want), the hoodie (what's been drawn of it, anyway), the mask, the eyes, and the hair.
That's everything I've drawn (no body yet), yet it's already looking so...so...good. I'll show you it tomorrow. Totally couldn't wait for tomorrow to tell you how excited I am, though!